Are you ready to conquer the upcoming school year with ease and stay ahead of the curve? Look no further! We've got your back with a curated list of top free tech solutions that every student needs.
From note-taking apps that will revolutionize your study routine to collaboration platforms that will take group projects to new heights, we have scoured the digital world to bring you the ultimate arsenal for academic success. Get ready to level up your productivity, streamline your workflow, and embrace technology like never before – because this year, it's all about staying one step ahead in style!
As a student, you need to be able to keep up with your classmates and have access to the same tools and resources in order to succeed. But, with the ever-changing landscape of technology, it can be hard to know what you need and where to get it.
That's why we've put together a list of the top free tech solutions every student needs this school year, so you can stay ahead of the curve. From online learning platforms to cloud storage options, we've got you covered.
So, whether you're looking for ways to improve your productivity or just want to be able to better collaborate with your classmates, check out our list of free tech solutions below.
What is Technology?
Technology can be defined as the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes. In other words, it is the use of science to solve real-world problems. Technological advances have led to the development of new and improved products and services that make our lives easier and more efficient.
Some common examples of technology include computers, smartphones, cars, and medical devices. As technology continues to evolve, we can expect even more amazing innovations that will make our lives better.
Benefits of Utilizing Technology in College/Trade School
Technology can make college life a lot easier. From online resources to organization tools to helping you stay connected with friends and family, there are plenty of ways that technology can help simplify your university experience. Here are some of the top benefits of utilizing technology in college:
Organization: One of the biggest benefits of using technology in college is that it can help you stay organized. There are a number of online resources and apps available that can help you keep track of assignments, deadlines, and your schedule. Having everything in one place can make it a lot easier to stay on top of your studies.
Connections: Technology can also help you stay connected with friends and family while you’re away at college. Whether you’re using Skype or social media, it’s easy to stay in touch with the people who matter most to you.
Resources: There are a wealth of online resources available to college students these days. From online libraries to research databases, you can find almost anything you need right at your fingertips. This is especially helpful if you’re trying to save money on textbooks or other materials.
Convenience: Let’s face it – technology is just plain convenient. Being able to access information and resources at the click of a button makes life a lot easier. And when it comes to things like paying bills or submitting assignments, being able to do everything online can save you a lot of time and hassle.
Top Free Technology Solutions Every Student Needs This School Year
As a student, you need to be able to keep up with the latest technology in order to stay ahead of the curve. Here are some top free tech solutions that every student needs this school year:
1. A good note taking app. With so many lectures and classes, it can be hard to keep track of everything. A good note taking app will help you keep all your notes organized and in one place.
2. A great online dictionary. When reading or doing research, you’re bound to come across words you don’t know. Having a quick and easy way to look them up will save you a lot of time (and frustration).
3. A reliable backup solution. Whether it’s backing up your files to the cloud or using an external hard drive, you need to make sure your important files are always safe.
4. A powerful text editor. For writing papers or coding projects, you need a text editor that has all the features you need (and none that you don’t).
5. A secure password manager. With so many online accounts, it can be tough to keep track of all your passwords. Using a password manager will help you create strong passwords and keep them safe and organized.
- Educational Platforms
As a student, you need to have access to the latest technology and tools in order to stay ahead of the curve. Here are some of the top free tech solutions that every student needs this school year:
1. Google Apps for Education: This suite of productivity tools from Google includes Gmail, Drive, Calendar, and more. It’s available for free to all schools and students.
2. Khan Academy: This popular educational platform offers free video lessons in math, science, humanities, and more. You can also use it to brush up on your skills or prepare for exams.
3. Coursera: Coursera offers free online courses from top universities and colleges around the world. You can choose from a wide variety of subjects to study at your own pace.
4. edX: edX is another great platform for taking free online courses from top universities. It also offers certification programs if you want to add credentials to your resume.
5. Quizlet: Quizlet is a great tool for quiz and test preparation. It offers millions of user-generated flashcards and study sets that you can use to learn anything from biology to history.
- Online Storage & File Sharing Services
There are a lot of online storage and file sharing services available, and it can be hard to know which ones to use. Here are some of the top free tech solutions for students:
- Google Drive: Google Drive is a great option for students who want to store and share files online. It offers 15 GB of free storage, and you can upgrade to more if you need it. You can also access your files from any device, and share them with others easily.
- Dropbox: Dropbox is another popular online storage service that offers 2 GB of free storage. It’s easy to use and you can access your files from anywhere. You can also share files with others easily.
- OneDrive: OneDrive is a good option for students who want to store their files in the cloud. It offers 5 GB of free storage, and you can upgrade to more if you need it. OneDrive also integrates with Office 365, so you can access your files from anywhere and work on them offline if needed.
- Online Scheduling & Time Management Apps
There are a ton of great online scheduling and time management apps out there that can help students stay on top of their schoolwork. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. myHomework Student Planner: This app lets you track your homework assignments, classes, and tests all in one place. It also has a built-in calendar so you can easily see what's coming up next.
2. Wunderlist: This is a great app for creating to-do lists and staying organized. You can share lists with others, set due dates, and add reminders so nothing falls through the cracks.
3. Evernote: Evernote is perfect for taking notes, organizing research, and writing papers. You can create different notebooks for each class and store everything in one place. Plus, you can access your notes from any device which comes in handy when you're on the go.
4. Google Calendar:Google Calendar is a must-have for any student trying to stay on top of their schedule. You can create events, set reminders, and even share your calendar with others so they can see when you're free or busy.
- Communication Tools
There are a variety of communication tools available to students these days, and it can be tough to keep up with the latest and greatest. But don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. Here are some of the top free tech solutions for staying connected and ahead of the curve this school year:
Skype: Skype is a great way to stay in touch with friends and family who live far away. It’s also a handy tool for conducting virtual meetings or study sessions with classmates.
WhatsApp: WhatsApp is a cross-platform messaging app that lets you exchange text, audio, and video messages with others. It’s perfect for group chats and staying in touch on the go.
Facebook Messenger: Facebook Messenger is another popular messaging app that lets you chat with friends and family members who have a Facebook account. You can also use it to make video calls and send money to people in your contacts list.
Google Hangouts: Google Hangouts is a versatile communications tool that lets you do everything from chat with friends to make video calls and hold virtual meetings. You can even use it to send texts, if you’re not using WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger.
Tips for Making the Most of These Tools
Assuming you have the basic hardware and software requirements for each of these tools, here are a few tips to get the most out of them:
1. Get organized with Evernote: Install the Evernote Web Clipper extension for your browser so you can quickly and easily save web pages, images, and other content to your notebooks. Then create separate notebooks for different classes or topics, and use tags to keep everything sorted.
2. Make the most of Google Drive: Take advantage of Google Docs’ real-time collaboration features by working on assignments with classmates or sharing notes with fellow students. And don’t forget about Google Sheets and Slides for working on spreadsheets and presentations, respectively.
3. Use Canva to create professional-looking designs: With Canva’s easy-to-use interface, you can create stunning designs for school projects or social media posts without any prior design experience. Just browse the templates, drag and drop your photos or illustrations, and add text to customize your creations.
4. Keep up with current events with Flipboard: Stay informed about what’s going on in the world by customizing your own news feed on Flipboard. You can choose from a variety of topics including politics, technology, business, sports, and more.
5. Master time management with RescueTime: Use RescueTime to track how much time you spend on different websites and apps so you can
Technology can be a huge help for students this school year. With so many free tech solutions available, there is no reason why any student should struggle to keep up with their studies and stay ahead of the curve.
From online study groups and video conferencing tools to project management apps and online tutoring services, there are plenty of options that can make it easier for everyone to get the job done right. So take advantage of these free resources today and give yourself the best chance of success!